Wednesday, October 27, 2010

My father in-law is in town for a few days. We enjoy his company and good conversation. And my boys love him too. He makes paper airplanes for them and I make him chocolate chip cookies in return- easy on the chocolate chips.

We had our first snow last night. Woke up to two inches. Woke up to two boys swooning over it. Van got to play in it while Jack was at school, but it was melted by the time Jack was home. And Jack was deeply, unreasonably offended by that, as if I had anything to do with it. He turned on his overdone pout face and crossed his arms. And then I just ignored him and went into the kitchen to make lunch. Tuna fish sandwiches and Potato Flyers.

Ethan and his dad and younger sister Stephanie went up to Salt Lake to go to temple square- a favorite destination for my FIL when he visits. So they are off having some fun family time.

Today, Van the Invader got into Ethan's toolbox and found his box cutter. And yes, you guessed it, he cut the hell out of his hand. Specifically his thumb. Hopefully he learned a lesson. Probably not.

Today was supposed to be the greatest day at school for Jack. It is Red Ribbon Week and they have a different theme everyday. Today was camo day. So all the kids were supposed to wear anything camo print. The knowledge of that would keep Jack up at night. When I showed him the paper and told him there would be an army day, he said with vigor and vim, "So does that mean everyone will stand in two lines and I will be the colonel captain and tell them what to do!!!???". You wish. Anyways, turns out he couldn't find his army jacket to wear to school and could only find his camo shirt, so he cried like a baby. But I am actually glad that he didn't find it because he would have been too excited about it and wouldn't have listened in class, which he is getting better at BTW.

Last night, I went out to dinner with my father in-law and my sister in-law and my husband stayed home with the kids. I never get to go out because my children are basically shackled to me and I hate taking them out to eat. So Ethan suggested that I go and he stay home and put everyone to bed. Ahhhhhhh... It was quite nice. We went to Olive Garden and I hit a home run with what I ordered. Shrimp, scallops and tilapia simmered in a saffron tomato broth. Like my father in-law said, eating the tilapia was like eating a cloud. Mmmm. I could use a dish like that on a cold day like this.

No comments:

Post a Comment