Tuesday, November 30, 2010

I feel like blogging, here I am now.

Today I worked on Christmas decor. And like an idiot, I did it while my three children were awake. Van took apart a bunch of ornaments and ripped off some bells off a Santa. But Jack was eager to help clip off split berries off one of my garlands and that was helpful.

Speaking of garlands, I found the fancy garland my SIL Jacque made for me. And while I was putting it up, all I could think of was Judy Garland. I wanted to text Jacque to tell her I found Judy the Garland, but it sounded a lot funnier in my head than in a text.

I text Ethan way too much. And it's pointless crap. I really noticed it today when I looked through my sent text messages to him. Here are a few gems.

"I am watching Biggest Loser. Please don't ever be 400 pounds."


"It's so cold outside that the sodas in the garage fridge are icy."


"I want a Christmas tree. Tomorrow."


"This leftover roast is even better today."


"Duuuuuuuuude, when will you be home?"


"When will you be home? I want a diet coke. Please."

He must find me so obnoxious.

Today, my mom stopped by. She came just in time to see my house an absolute disaster. It was noon and Van and Violet were still in jammies and Violet was due for a bath BAD. A baby should never smell as bad as she did. But my mom doesn't care. My mom brought me a chocolate orange. Yum.

Violet did get a bath and she smelled clean and sweet. And then I snuggled her and fed her and put her down for a nap. I love a freshly clean, fed baby being put down for a nap. But I think I like that because that is what I would want. A shower, a full tummy and then a nap.

No comments:

Post a Comment