Thursday, December 16, 2010

I have decided I have strep. I have all the glorious symptoms. Achy, weak, extremely sore throat and I look like hell.

Yesterday, I woke up around 10. My excellent husband woke up with the children and got Jack out the door to school. When I woke up, it was brought to my attention that I needed a smoothie. So I hauled my pathetic self to the car to drive to Roxberry. I got in the drive-thru line and ordered a large Flu-Fighter smoothie. When I pulled up to the window to pay, the Roxberry smoothie maker looked at me like I needed more than a smoothie. Like I needed some kind soul to shoot me in the head. I was hoping that she looked at anyone who orders a Flu-Fighter with the same look of disdain.

Later in the afternoon, not quite sure when because at that point, everything was moving in slow motion, Ethan took the crew out. My kind husband took all three kids away from their pathetic mother to a happier place, Jump On It. I woke up around 8pm and they were home and Ethan was bathing them. Bless that man.

Today, I still feel like hell. We had to be at the school at 9:45 for the elementary school Christmas Sing. All of that is a total blur. I sat in the back of the cafeteria in a haze. I barely remember a thing. And then Jack's teacher was talking all sorts of jibberish to me. Something about pajamas and the Christmas party. I just nodded my head and left.

I am not completely sure how I am going to occupy my young today. Right now, Jack is watching "The Last Airbender". And it is aiding me in this crazy haze I am in. This movie is bonkers. Today I am also going to get all the laundry done. Most likely, Jack's underwear will be in my underwear drawer and I will be hanging my shirts up in Violet's closet. I am just not "all there" today.

1 comment:

  1. I have a surprise for you. I'll try to bring it by today.

    ReplyDelete