Friday, February 25, 2011

Giver

Van is a giver. Today in the car, he took his shoes off and gave them to Violet to chew on. So generous, right?

Woke up to 6 inches of fresh snow. I love it. I really do. It's so pretty and bright. I bundled Jack up in his coat, gloves, hat and boots and sent him out the door to the bus. And then I came back inside and put on my warm socks and turned up the heater.

There are signs that spring is near. For some, it's their tulips peeking through the dirt. For me, it's the reappearance of the ants that live in my laundry room. Vacuumed up about 20 of them today.

Preparations have begun for me and Violet's trip to Southern California next week. It's going to be a whole lot of me and her and no big brothers. I can't wait. But I know the day I pull out of the driveway, I will be so sad and worried to leave them. I am a worrier. I worry that something will happen to them and I won't be around to help. But while I am gone, they will be eating lots of treats, staying up late and going to Jump On It all the time. Daddy is a boy's best friend.