Friday, March 18, 2011

Root canal

You want to know what awesome looks like? It looks like seven loads of laundry folded, hung up and put in drawers. Yesterday, I got the lame idea to do every bit of laundry in the house and get it clean and put in it's place. So I did it. All day, the laundry room was full of noise and clothes. I ran out of detergent and almost dryer sheets. Through out the day, I piled the clean clothes in my room, knowing that the evening would be spent folding and folding and folding. The pile got bigger and I got more fearsome. But I did it. It took me 2 hours to get it all wrangled and put away. The worst part is that I will have to do the same thing again in a week or so. Laundry is God's way of teaching us routine and patience.

Today, Ethan goes in for three cavities and one root canal. He tells me he doesn't think it will hurt, I assure him it will. But then he mentions that he deals with chronic pain everyday and doesn't take any medication to help it. Root canal? Bring it on.

This weekend, I hope to get a lot of recipe testing done and get a work out in at least twice. I also plan on putting myself to bed early. This midnight-and-beyond bedtime is starting to make me tired and fat.