Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Irritating!

I have been meaning to write this post for months. Literally 90 days. Tonight, I remembered I wanted to write this post and I realized I needed to do it before I forgot. I must tell the world how terrible this commercial is. It's the Bisquick commercial with the STUPID song.



First off, if you want to eat garbage, why not dig through your trash instead of going to the trouble of making Bisquick pancakes? People, Bisquick pancakes taste terrible. No amount of syrup can fix that.

Secondly, the song in this commercial makes me scream in pain. Okay, I don't scream, but every time, I complain like it's an in-grown toe nail. Terrible lyrics and ridiculous diction. Like incredibly irritating. "I'll never walk awray". I'm sorry, awray? Where is that?

If pancake lovers are uniting, they aren't doing it over a plate of Bisquick pancakes.




Okay, I am done.

3 comments:

  1. yes, the "pancakes" word in the song is a bit painful.
    Speaking of pancakes, I have an awesome, healthy, recipe to share with you:

    Blueberry Oatmeal Pancakes
    Ingredients
    1 pint blueberries
· 1 cup milk
· 2/3 cup quick-cooking rolled oats
· 2/3 cup all-purpose flour
· 2 tablespoon brown sugar
· 2 teaspoon baking powder
· 1/4 teaspoon salt
· 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
· 2 beaten egg
· 2 tablespoon cooking oil
· 1 teaspoon vanilla
    
Directions
    1. In a small saucepan heat the milk until hot; remove from heat. Stir in the oats. Cover and let stand for 5 minutes.
2. Meanwhile, in a medium bowl stir together the flour, brown sugar, baking powder, salt, and cinnamon. Make a well in the center of flour mixture.
3. In a small bowl stir together the egg, oil, and vanilla. Add the oat mixture and egg mixture all at once to flour mixture; stir just until combined. Then add blueberries, and again stir until combined.
    4. For each pancake, pour about 1/4 cup of the batter onto a hot, lightly greased griddle or heavy skillet. Cook over medium heat about 4 minutes or until pancakes are golden brown, turning to second sides when pancakes have bubbly surfaces and edges are slightly dry.

    ReplyDelete