Tuesday, May 31, 2011

6:30am

Today, I hated waking up to my 6:30 am alarm. But I loved that by 10:00 am, I was completely dressed, so were the children, all beds were made, Violet was bathed, kitchen spotless, laundry put away and more humming away in the laundry room and we were in the car on our way to the grocery store. My friends, success lies in waking up before everyone else.

Violet wore holes in the bum of her bright green leggings. It's from scooting around on her bum. It was kind of the last straw. I told Ethan about it and he practically begged me to get her started with her therapy. I called the place that will work with her on some crawling techniques and gross motor skills.

Today Jack's dreams came true when the school had "Future Occupation Day". He got to dress up in his army gear. So it looked normal for him to walk around in full camo. On Memorial Day, I took the children to the Hill Aerospace Museum. Of course, Jack was dressed to the nines. Full camo, hat, walkie talkie, a plastic Nerf gun attached to his belt loop. He looked crazy. People would walk by him and stare and he didn't even notice. And I am glad he didn't. If he knew people were staring, he would stop having so much outward personality. And what a shame that would be.

2 comments:

  1. I'm so proud of you for making that call.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love, luv, lurve, getting up early. I've been on vacation, and have slept in 'til 8:00 every morning and I don't like it. Ready to be home where I'm up and AT 'EM at 5:30 every day. It's the most peaceful time of the day.

    ReplyDelete