Monday, May 16, 2011

Pants

I have a canker sore that would make you gag if you saw it. I showed Ethan and he said, "I don't want anything to do with that. You stay away from me." Currently, it hurts. And I can't eat anything.

Currently, my boys are running around with their pants at their ankles and trying to trip each other. They are laughing hysterically as they face-plant on the floor. This is something about boys that is new to me. I didn't grow up with brothers, but according to Ethan, this is what boys do. They do stupid things and laugh about it.

This afternoon, I shut the house down. Blinds closed, yard cleaned up, kitchen and living room clean. And then I made everyone take a nap, even Jack. We all slept for 2 1/2 hours. It was great, but I woke up not knowing where I was or who I was. It was one of those deep naps that sort of ruin your day.

Today marks the day my parent's begin construction on their swimming pool. We are going over tomorrow to watch the tractors and dump trucks. And the tractor operator said he would let Jack have a turn at the controls. This whole swimming pool thing means great things for my summer. A few times a week, I will take my kids to my mom and dad's and have them swim and get worn out. I love summer days where your kids have been swimming all day and then they come home and go to bed at like 6:30.

Oh, the boys just switched pants. Jack looks like a girl wearing skinny cropped jeans. I need to go get my camera right now.

1 comment:

  1. Pants on the ground. Pants on the ground . . .

    ReplyDelete