Monday, May 23, 2011

Veruca.

Right now, I am sitting down to lunch. A big bowl of green leaf lettuce with tomatoes, cucumbers, crushed chipotle tortilla chips, grilled flank steak and raspberry lime vinaigrette. I am afraid of taking the first bite. I still have a bad canker sore and this vinaigrette might be my death. But I have taken measures to exorcise this canker sore. I ordered some Canker Spanker and it came in the mail today. I am hoping it will be the best $8 I have ever spent. Having a canker sore has really put a wrench in recipe development. I can't taste food properly with a canker sore.

Today, I hid some movies so that my boys will stop wanting to watch them. "Bee Movie", "Thomas the Train", "Baby Einstein" and "Tron". But I put "Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory" back in the movie drawer. I have had a big enough break from that one. I can only take so much of that little brat Veruca.

2 comments:

  1. if it's still driving you crazy, here's a remedy a witch lady told my mom when she photographed a wiccan wedding decades ago. we use it all the time:

    1. tear off a piece of a brown paper bag
    2. put it in a porcelain cup
    3. light the piece of brown paper on fire & let it burn out
    4. dump out the ashes
    5. use your finger to get some of the brown oily residue left on the bottom of the cup and rub it on your canker sore

    it will sting pretty bad for a second, then the pain will go away.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Please do tell how the Canker Spanker works! Brandon is plagued by horrific canker sores all the time!

    ReplyDelete