Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Cupcapes

Notes from today:

-Van says "cupcapes" instead of "cupcakes". Cutest thing ever.

-"Ponyo" is a weird movie.

-All day I have been thinking about the advise my mom gave me last night. Parent your children in a way you won't regret when they are gone.

-Ethan was telling me about a show he watched on Food Network last night. On the show, there was a quote I love. "There is nothing worse than a raw onion. And there is nothing better than a cooked onion."

-Salary must be a nice consistency people enjoy. But owning a fairly new small business might be worth the stress and anxiety when you can arrange for your husband to be around so you can take a fat afternoon nap.

-Homemade guacamole is good stuff.

-Tonight we had the perfect summer evening. Backyard barbecue with grilled pork chops, grilled asparagus and corn on the cob. Jackson 5 on the iPod. Assorted Dippidee desserts after. Warm breezes, messy children and my turquoise picnic table. Ahhhh.

-I decided that I am not going to buy my kids any clothes this summer. They have enough t-shirts to get them by and I have been cutting the boys cargo pants into shorts. Jack and Van spend pretty much all day outside getting messy and they don't give a rip what their clothes look like, so I don't either.

-I love my husband and my children so very much.

1 comment:

  1. Ponyo IS a weird movie. Bret and I were left severely confused and craving some ham and a little Soskay....

    ReplyDelete