Thursday, June 2, 2011

A lady

Today, while driving Jack to school, Jack asks Van, "What do you want to be when you grow up?" Van replies, "A lady".

Ethan, Jack and Van taught Violet how to fake burp on call. Like, "Hey Violet, can you do a burp?" And then she does a sort of throaty growl. And then belly laughs.

This evening, I almost exploded. I almost suffocated. I almost hyperventilated. And all at the same time. I had my three kids for three days without a husband. Now he is back, and I needed to get away from those three lovely, beautiful children. I couldn't listen to Van scream one more time. I couldn't hold teething Violet for one more minute. And I couldn't listen to Jack ask me to play video games anymore. My darling husband noticed my pending implosion and sent me out to be alone. I ran a few errands and came back a new mother. I love Ethan.

2 comments: