Friday, June 24, 2011

Maxi

You are all a bunch of jerks for not telling me about maxi dresses. I didn't even know until now that they are the MOST comfortable thing to wear in the summer. I bought a bright blue maxi dress of Zulily a few weeks ago because I wanted something to wear for our family pictures that wasn't the typical jeans/top/cardigan combo. But I worried about wearing a maxi dress because the possibility of looking as big as a whale is a very real danger. Turns out I think I don't look too awkward and this dress is heaven to wear. It's especially nice because I stand on the air vent in my room and the air conditioning blows up my dress and that feels pretty great.

It's a good thing I have a sensor because sometimes I use it. A friend of mine texted me today telling me that her and her family are going to Hawaii for 10 days. My first thought was, "You bitch." But I didn't respond with that. I was much less jealous in my response text. There are other times when I don't use it. Like when I was flying high on morphine during my ovarian cyst adventure and I asked my sister Mallory how often her and her husband have sex.

8 comments:

  1. Maxi dress=awesome. Except my two favorites are worn out jersey knit that are both 4 years old and have lasted through 2 pregnancies and then some. I need a new one, or two. My favorite new trend: maxi skirts. Perf for the tall'uns like meself.

    I'm GOING TO EFFING HAWAII BITCHES!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. maxi dresses/skirts are especially wonderful if you've just had a baby and none of your pants fit you. just as comfortable as sweats but so much more flattering. love 'em.

    ReplyDelete
  3. bahahaha. at every fertility appointment, i was never sure if i should say "sex" or "intercourse". i should have called and asked your opinion. lol. cause 9 times out of 10 i ended up calling it "the process" wth?

    i hate to be a bitch, how did you not just KNOW about maxi dresses? they are everywhere my friend. especially your favorite store, target. sheesh. :)

    also, what was your sisters answer?

    ReplyDelete
  4. They're especially nice when you're super short and they drag on the ground. They you feel like you're wearing an elegant train.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Maxi dresses are even better because you can find cheap versions at Target, wear them until they die, and you only spent $25.

    (And Megan, an elegant train? That seems like your style.)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Not a Maxi dress fan, in case that wasn't clear. I wear dresses and skirts for work, so it seems ridiculous to wear them for play when Forever 21 makes jeans with 29 inch inseams. Those bring me too much pleasure to go looking for more flowy casual wear

    ReplyDelete
  7. Darn, I was hoping this post was about pads or something.

    I love maxi-dresses; they're the socially acceptable version of a nightgown.

    ReplyDelete
  8. can you like send me an example? I have no idea what you're talking about and now I want one.

    ReplyDelete