Thursday, July 14, 2011

Finger

There is beauty all around when the hotel room is quiet because children are soundly sleeping. It's been three days since Violet has had a nap. And Van too. When night time comes, all three children crash.

It has been a busy, fun few days in California. Ethan's sister who I love dearly, is getting married in the Los Angeles temple tomorrow. I love that LA temple. It's my temple. We were married there and have done many sessions there and have seen lots of couples married there. The LA Temple is a little piece of heaven among trashy, flashy LA and Santa Monica. I get so excited to walk around the grounds and just feel good being there.

The wedding preparations have been aplenty. Today I ran to JoAnn's for more zippers for bridesmaids dresses and then to Costco for more engagement prints. Last night was the fancy wedding dinner. Ethan sang and did excellent. Him and his friend did an acoustic arrangement of "Honey Bee" by Blake Shelton. I spent the evening chatting it up with my 8 sisters in-law. One of them told me my caboose looked great in the skirt I was wearing. That compliment will keep me alive for a while.

A few days ago, we had our little family portraits taken with Ethan's cousin Amelia. She is a supremely talented photographer and I am happy to say also a dear friend. The day after that, we all swam at Amelia's house with her and her boys and ate lots of El Pollo Loco. It was one of those perfect days.

By the way, I cut my finger so so damn bad. Blood was running down my arm and gushing out of my finger. I probably should have gotten stitches. But having no insurance for me right now makes me happy to have a scar instead of a giant hospital bill. Sometime I will tell you why I decided I would be helpful and clean up some broken glass. I am an idiot. And I am also so obsessively worried about how I am going to round brush my hair tomorrow for the wedding when I have a bum index finger.

2 comments:

  1. Duuuuuude, it's Carmageddon this weekend! Good luck and have fun while you're in town.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Didn't you learn from Melissa????

    ReplyDelete