Sunday, July 31, 2011

Steak

It's Sunday at 12:30 and Violet and I should be at church, but we aren't. We left early and I don't feel the slightest bit guilty. I have already dealt with thinking I need to walk the halls of the church with my baby during classes. I don't. And Heavenly Father still loves me and appreciate my efforts elsewhere. So for the last month, we have come home after sacrament meeting. In a short 4 months, Violet Girl will be in nursery. And Ethan and I might hold a family fast that she won't still be bum-scooting at 18 months.

Tonight is Steak and Cake. It's where we eat something meaty and then cake for dessert with our friends, the Verbecky's. Tonight is perfect grilled burgers, made with 80/20 ground beef, of course. There will be great toppings like chipotle mayo and caramelized onions. And I got good kaiser rolls for the buns. I am making the ideal chocolate cake for dessert. Not too rich, not too heavy. It will be delicious. I can promise you that. I highly recommend you start doing Steak and Cake with your friends and/or family.

1 comment: