Friday, July 29, 2011

Try

What a picture-perfect evening it was last night. Sun setting, slight breeze blowing my American flag, minimal mosquitos and not too hot. But why go outside and enjoy that when you have watched "Friday Night Lights" and you have made it to the finale? I mean, really? I have my priorities. I finished it last night and it was as expected. Perfectly wrapped up in a small package with a pink bow on top. And a handmade scrapbooked card by someone with too much time on their hands. I do have one complaint- all the underage drinking or drinking period. If everyone was really drinking as much as they were showing, the entire cast would have been DRUNK the whole time. Is Texas just full of drinkers?

I have said this lots of times, but I will say it again. The secret to success if getting up before your children and getting ready for the day. Just try it for a week and you will see what I mean.

3 comments:

  1. "The secret to success if getting up before your children and getting ready for the day." Good grief that is the smartest thing ever said. Why don't they put that in parenting books? Instead of all that drivel about self esteem and nutrition and ...?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Having grown up in a small town much like Dillon I will testify that there really that much drinking going on for teenagers and adults alike. What else is there to do? Drink and get pregnant. That's what.

    I need to really work on waking up early. I know it's the secret to success but sometimes I like being a failure.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have been hearing good things from all over the place about that show. Does your husband watch it with you and enjoy it just as much?

    Also, I wholeheartedly agree with your comment about getting ready before the kids are up. It's the only way I can function around here. I'm up, ready, scriptures read, run done all by 7 before my girls wake up. On the days that I accidentally sleep in until say 7:30 I freak out because my day is already behind. Psycho? Maybe.

    ReplyDelete