Friday, August 26, 2011

Pretending to food blog

Peach sorbet

2 pounds peeled peaches
1 1/2 cups water
1 1/2 cups sugar

Boil the water and sugar together until the sugar is dissolved. Put it in the freezer to cool off.

Use you immersion blender or food pro and blend up the peaches until smooth as silk. Pour the simply syrup into the peach puree and whisk. Cover and refrigerate until really cold.

Pour peach sorbet base into your ice cream maker and churn until the perfect peach sorbet is thick and frozen, about 30 minutes. Scrape it into an air-tight container, put the lid on and freeze until solid.

I kid you not that this tastes like biting into a friggin' peach. 


(I promise I am not writing my recipes for my cookbook in such a flippant manner. It just feels good sometimes to not write a recipe the right way.)

No comments:

Post a Comment