Thursday, August 25, 2011

STAR

Tonight, I am feeling very American. Grilled burgers for dinner and apple pie with maple ice cream for dessert.

So get this- Violet is a rock star. Remember how she has a gross motor skills delay? Well, I think the days of that are coming to a close. She is starting to go up the stairs and she can walk around the furniture. And she can also crawl. I caught her crawling under the kitchen table a few weeks ago and I clapped and said, "Yeah Violet! You are crawling!" And she looked at me with a look that seemed to say, "You actually weren't supposed to see that." Tonight, I put the baby gate up at the bottom of the stairs so she would stop crawling up them. And she was less than thrilled. She looked at the gate and then screamed at me. Not like a "I'm in pain" or "Van just pulled my hair" scream. It was a "WHAT THE HELL IS THIS??!!" scream.

I am pleased as can be that my Violet Girl is making such great progress. It makes me feel all warm and fuzzy inside when I think about it.

For those that care, cookbook is going quite well. I have over 60 recipes developed. Basically that means my kids are sick of having to try something new for dinner every night.

1 comment: