Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Theme

So Jack went to school this morning. He was counting down the minutes. And he woke up in the middle of the night and got dressed in his new school clothes and went back to bed.

He eased right into his new class. His teacher is already adorable. She walks around her classroom in bare feet. I love that.

Once I got home from dropping him off, I sat on the couch and pouted. I don't like having to let go.

My first indications that Jack was gone were:
1. I had to take the #2 diapers out to the trash. That is usually his job.
2. I had to bring in the bags from Target. That is usually his job. 

Boo. 

Oh and we have a school year theme. Having a school year theme is popular among families, particularly young families. And we just happen to be a young family. Last years theme was:

"Put your damn clothes in the laundry basket."

That theme went well, for Van especially. He is my A student when it comes to cleaning up his dirty clothes.

This year's theme is:

"Stop talking to your parents like they are 
the stupidest people you know."

I am hoping for a stellar impression on Jack with that one.

5 comments:

  1. You seriously make me laugh. Never fails girl! I think I might just steal that family theme.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know how you feel. I missed my exit on Sunday for a birthday party and Shane preceded to re-route me off the freeway and back on going the opposite direction and then telling me which exit I should then get off at to get me back on track! Really?

    ReplyDelete
  3. What's ours? No one is in school?

    Uh, don't kill the basement tenant?

    Yes.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm pretty sure Jack and Kate are in the same class. And their teacher is a doll...literally. Kate said she looked like Belle with her yellow dress at meet the teacher night. I think you should get some vinyl lettering for those themes.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Best themes I ever did hear. Is this Millie friend of yours serious about the vinyl lettering? If you did, you'd have to change the theme to "Live, Learn, Love" or "Be Better and Be Truer", when really that one should be "Be Better Than Everyone Around You Because...Well You Are. Bitches!"

    ReplyDelete