Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Meekly Weal Plan

Kalli suggested that more people post meal plans and add links if possible and then we all get great ideas. Honestly, I don't know how people can efficiently run their household and feed their families nutritiously without a meal plan. Maybe you do and you are good on the fly. Me? Not at all.

Tuesday: Oven-fried chicken and rotini pasta salad with red wine vinaigrette and summer veggies. 


Wednesday: Black beans and rice and some steamed broccoli


Thursday: Grilled cheese and baked potato wedges. (food for the road while we are on our way to Grandma Sue's Spooky Halloween Party)


Friday: Sweet Pea's slow-cooker chicken taco soup (You can replace the beer for chicken stock if you don't drink or keep beer in your fridge) and some cornbread muffins. 


Saturday: Sourdough pizzas. Happiest, easiest dinner. Get some good sourdough bread (like from Kneaders) and then pizza sauce, shredded cheese and pepperoni. Everyone makes their own pizzas and makes a big mess and has a grand time. Tip: Line the baking sheet with foil and then you can write on it to know who's pizza is who's and it's easy clean up. 


Sunday: Creamy chicken and rice soup- again. Ethan felt like he didn't get his fill when I made it last Sunday. This soup is his favorite meal I make. And I use it to woo him.  With this, I might try my hand at my mom's delicious, pillowy whole wheat dinner rolls. 


Monday: Refried beans and rice and chicken quesadillas. I put the whole grocery store staff in a tizzy when I asked for lard and they didn't know where it was. It isn't often enough that I ask for an ingredient that they can't find or don't know what it is. So when that does happen, I smile inside. They ended up special ordering it for me, so back to the store I shall go. 

6 comments:

  1. Whenever I've had the Nub make his own pizza on an English muffin or tortilla, he won't eat it. Drives me nuts.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I split the roll recipe in half for conference rolls, and they turned out great. Those halved amounts would work well for your Kitchenaid. Just an idea.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Was this at Macey's by chance, that you looked for the lard? I found it in the back, with the meats.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love reading your meal plans. I loaded up an email full of old rookie-cookie posts before you took it down and sent it to myself. Thanks for the never-ending kitchen inspiration. And pretty sure I saw you at the grocery store today (not in a creepy-stalker-way, just in an "I'm pretty sure that's rookie-cookie" way). Next time I'll say hi. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. i made your sesame chicken last night and it was a hit. everyone loved it. so thanks for sharing it via RC.

    i think a weekly menu is essential to my success during the week. and i usually write down in my daily notebook things like " 5:45 -- start rice" "take out chicken to thaw before work" etc. that way i'm more on top of it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is a fabulous service that you're doing for all of us. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete