Monday, November 7, 2011

Meekly Weal Plan

MONDAY!
Grilled pork chops and grilled asparagus and perfect mashed potatoes. Ethan was hankering for a meat and potatoes meal. He has been longing for a big piece of meat on his plate. So I obliged. And it was great. Harmon's had some beautiful pork chops. How to make perfect mashed potatoes? Buy a potato ricer. and look it up because I am too lazy to link up right now.

TUESDAY!
Veggie and shrimp stir-fry with quinoa. Quinoa is a winner around here. All people enjoy. Veggies in the fry will be broccoli, carrots and cauliflower.

WEDNESDAY!
Baked potatoes and roasted broccoli. I bought these giant russet potatoes big enough for a, well, giant. Toppings will be butter, salt and pepper, shredded cheddar cheese, sour cream (barf), green onions and bacon for those who bitch about not having enough meat in their diet (Ethan).

THURSDAY!
Baked artichokes with lemon garlic mayo and bulgur pilaf with red peppers and almonds. This menu appeared a few weeks ago and was a winner with the fam. So I am doing it again.

FRIDAY!
Black bean and ham bone soup and Caesar salad. This was supposed to be last week. But Ethan requested it be postponed until he was home to enjoy it. Like I said, ham bone soup is the best in the land.

SATURDAY!
LEFTOVERS!

SUNDAY!
Pot roast with root veggies and gravy. I have potatoes, carrots, parsnips and rutabagas. A fall veg festival. I am also going to make a chocolate cake and vanilla ice cream. I have a plethora of half and half and cream and eggs. Lucky me. It's ice cream time.

No comments:

Post a Comment