Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Vegetable

If you husband owns a small catering company, discourage him from doing 3 events in one day. He will be so incredibly stressed out and want to curl up in a ball and cry. But he can't, for he has contracts and lots of dollars involved. So he will have to buck up and make it happen. Today is that day. I will be in charge of picking up like 1000+ desserts from a local bakery and delivering them to these events. And they are things like little key lime pies and chocolate mousse cups. They won't miss one or two of them, right? Maybe 10?

While Ethan is so busy and stressed, we are glad there is work to be had. We won't see a whole lot of him in the next few weeks, but he is doing his job as the hunter gatherer and for that, we are grateful.

Looking for a delicious meatless meal? Try vegetable cassoulet. Cassoulet is a rustic French stew made with white beans a topped with crunchy bread crumbs. I made it exactly as the recipe says and it was incredible. If you are wanting some meat with it, I would go with roasted chicken or kielbasa sausage. FYI, use vegetable stock instead of water and if you make half of the bread crumbs, that's plenty. Using a tip from Sandy Hanks, I froze the leftovers in meal-sized portions and I can defrost some delicious soup for my lunch sometime.

I want to follow more people I know on Instagram. Go find me and follow me. whitneyingram.

2 comments:

  1. You can drop 10 or 12 of those off at my house with the kids. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete