Sunday, January 29, 2012

Motherhood

I have been thinking a lot about myself as a mother lately. Here are my thoughts:

1. I really want my children to remember how much I loved being a mom. I want them to know I loved rubbing lotion on their tiny little limbs after baths. I want them to know I adored making them meals and sitting at the table with them. I want them to know that I loved cuddling with them and massaging their little backs and heads. I want them to remember that their mother loved being their mother. To make this possible, I need to truly not let the mundane matter. Let things go a bit. It's not worth my children remembering me yelling all the time.

2. I need to spend more time on the floor. I need to be down on their level more.

3. I am so grateful for what motherhood has made me into. I have learned how to work hard. I have learned how to endure. I learned what sacrificing really means. I have learned how to really pray. I have learned how to serve. I have learned how to manage my time. I have learned how to respect my husband more.

4. I need to read in front of my children more. Move my books out of my nightstand and down into the living room. And my scriptures. I want them to see that I enjoy reading.

2 comments:

  1. Good idea, I need to do that (#4) as well

    ReplyDelete
  2. All things I need to do better! Thank you for the reminder!

    ReplyDelete