Monday, February 6, 2012

A few thing....

Don't let me forget:

1. Jack playing army in his room and singing Frank Sinatra's "You Make Me Feel So Young" to himself.

2. Van calling our Memory card game "membery".

3. Violet sitting on the couch with Ethan when I came home from the gym late tonight and her sly little look as I came around the corner. A look that said, "Looky who woke me up to play and give me chocolate milk while you were gone!".

-------------------------------------------------------------
The latest news of the autopsy findings in the murder of the little Powell boys is horrifying. I read it and couldn't stop crying. Absolutely horrifying. I take comfort in knowing that there is a special place in heaven for them to be with their mother and live happily ever after.
-------------------------------------------------------------
This week's menu is me using up what I have and trying to see how low I can make this week's grocery bill. I like to do that sometimes. I like the challenge.

TUESDAY: Black beans and rice. Great for Jack to eat before his basketball game. Not heavy.
WEDNESDAY: Sweet soy chicken and rice with roasted carrots. Thank the heavens that I found a roasted vegetable that Van will eat like buttered popcorn.
THURSDAY: Vigo red beans and rice with kielbasa and steamed green beans. Click on the link. You will thank me.
FRIDAY: Steak, broccoli and potato skillet. Meal in a pan.
SATURDAY: Potato pancakes and steamed broccoli. Jack likes his tater pancakes with ketchup. Van likes his with smoked salmon and creme fraiche. Definitely Ethan's son.
SUNDAY: Roasted pork tenderloin with bearnaise sauce, mashed potatoes, Caesar salad and double chocolate cake. I love Sundays.

2 comments:

  1. oh, i cry at regular things, too - those were just the weird ones! but yes, births, weddings, sad movies, ect will also make me cry. and i was hysterically crying over the powell case. what a monster. how do you make potato pancakes?! sounds like something my boys would love.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Whats the story of the little Powell boys?

    ReplyDelete