Friday, March 2, 2012

Google, you are too much for me.

At first, I started looking up recipes for making homemade corned beef.

Then I started researching one of the ingredients needed- saltpeter.

Then I started looking at alternatives to saltpeter.

Then I started looking into Insta Cure #1.

Then I started looking into Morton's Tender Quick.

Then I started looking at the books about charcuterie.

Then I started looking at the books about curing your own meats.

Then I started looking at smoking your own meats.

Then I started reading about building your own smoke house.

And being wrapped up in all of this made me think that building a smoke house in our backyard was completely doable.

And then I snapped out of it.

Google, you are too much for me.

2 comments:

  1. I have so done this. Easy to get carried away with the answers seemingly at your finger tips. I forget about the impossible work part that comes after I find those "answers".

    ReplyDelete