Sunday, March 11, 2012

A sermon/talk for your Sunday

Here is this week's spiritual oomph.

This is a talk that came at the perfect time in my life. It was October of 2008. Our lives had changed drastically. Ethan's foot had just been very invasively surgeried on and my little boys and I had just moved to Utah. My perfect little life in my perfect little house in Southern California was done. It was a very difficult time in my life. My whole body felt heavy with sadness. I remember that feeling. Like I literally couldn't hold my shoulders up properly because the weight of sadness and despair was so great. At any moment, given the right trigger, I could cry a bucket of tears. I think volatile is the right word.

Then this sermon came. Love me that Uchtdorf.

http://www.lds.org/general-conference/2008/10/the-infinite-power-of-hope?lang=eng

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the link, it's a good message. Can you imagine anything worse than what his mom must have felt at that moment?

    ReplyDelete