Saturday, March 3, 2012

Stuff

I don't often attend the events that Ethan caters. You know, having kids and all. But tonight, one of Ethan's favorite employees got married and Ethan catered her day. And we were invited! My kids were more than excited to only go to a party, but eat Daddy's food and see him working. But as usual, they were the worst behaved kids there. Someone please let them know that weddings aren't a race track. It was funny to watch people's reactions as Ethan would bust one of them for running around. You know, get in their little grill and tell them to knock it off. Like the caterer is also the kid police at a wedding.

I have a pet peeve. People that go to weddings and don't dress up. Like they show up in jeans. Tacky tacky tacky.

Guess what? Newt Gingrich is failing in the polls and it makes me giddy. He drives me nuts.

I have some pinto beans soaking overnight so I can make some real refried beans tomorrow. If people only knew how easy it is to make your own beans... Well, they will. Recipe will be in my book. We are talking like 4 ingredients total.

Tomorrow is my bad food day. Sunday I allow myself to have dessert and eat too much. Tomorrow is shrimp tacos, refried beans and tres leches cake. I look forward to Sundays for the wrong reason.

Confession: I haven't been to the gym in two days. Ethan has been working at night I haven't been able to go. And it's killing me. Monday is going to be the worst.

Cookbook editing is going well. So well. I can't believe how much clarity I have from making the decision to slow my book down. I can feel more of myself in these recipes. And I have decided that I want to add about 20 more recipes to it. Just for variety and such.

Someone forgot to tell me that today wasn't National Yell At Your Kids Day.

No comments:

Post a Comment