Friday, May 4, 2012

Caramel popcorn

I am currently completely feasting on caramel popcorn to celebrate my loss of 10 pounds. A bit counterproductive. Today at the gym, I weighed myself. As I slid the little counter down further than normal, I started to cry. I have worked so hard. There have been times I have been frustrated, confused and let down. Have I cried out of frustration while on the elliptical? Maybe, but I will never tell. To make up for this caramel popcorn sin, I am going to try and pull off a 12 mile bike ride tomorrow. I would like to think it will take me an hour. But it will probably be more like 3. Stupid caramel popcorn.

Tomorrow will be geranium planting and house cleaning after my bike ride. And then some type of fun family activity in the evenings. Not sure what, but something to get us all out of the house together. Park City? Salt Lake City?

Today I bought a new bottle of dish soup. Original blue Dawn. I always use the same dish soap. My Grandma Sally always used white Ivory dish soap and still to this day, I always think of her when I smell it. I am aiming for that. I want my kids to have that smell memory. So I always use original blue Dawn.

Next week is Jack's class spring party and I am in charge. And I haven't done a single thing to get ready. I don't even know what I am going to do for it. Any ideas? I think I should maybe start by scheduling it for the week after. I need to e-mail Jack's teacher right now.

Jack is now signed up for coach pitch baseball. He start in June. Ethan is a die-hard baseballist. He has high hopes for Jack loving it as much as he does. But I don't think he will. I think Jack likes basketball better.

Recipe editing is cruising. 75 done! About 40 left to go. Once I got a good groove going and figured out how I wanted each type of recipe written, editing started to fly by. I am thinking I will be done in another month or two. I am getting anxious to photograph with Sheena again.





3 comments:

  1. Oh man I love you. You're an excellent example of perseverance.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My hero! As soon as, if we ever, move that is. It's on like donkey kong. I can't wait to get back to the gym.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations Whitney!!!! That is a huge accomplishment!! You totally deserve that carmel corn :)

    ReplyDelete