Monday, May 21, 2012

Premature thanks regarding my cookbook

Two people have been on my mind when it comes to my book.

Mom. Mom, thank you. Thank you for the great food base you gave me growing up. As I am writing about my recipes and editing, I am realizing how much of what I create has roots in how I was raised. So much of my cooking is influenced by you. Memories, flavors, ingredients- all you. Mom, thank you for feeding us girls well. Thank you for not feeding us crap. Thank you for exposing us to so many different kinds of foods. And thank you for never dumbing down what you fed us.

Ethan. What a guy. Besides Ethan (as cliche as it is) being my best friend, he is incredibly supportive of my cookbook recipe development and writing. I would say that 50% of the recipes in my book have been thought up with the help of my husband. He is honest when I need honesty. He will try anything I need input on. Ethan sees so much potential in my book and because of that, I have been talked down off the cookbook precipice a few times.

Both of you, Ethan and Mom, thank you for much for your influence and your support.

Love, Whitney

4 comments:

  1. Whitney, thank you so much. I really appreciate your words—makes me feel warm all over. Really, thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. those are some dang good people to keep around ...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooh I feel warm all over too! I love you and your book will be so great!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ooh I feel warm all over too! I love you and your book will be so great!

    ReplyDelete