Friday, May 25, 2012

Shrimp, Cinnamon Rolls and Freaky Dreams

Today started out the same way all of them too. My alarms sounding at 6:45 and 6:50. After the last one, Van came in and was ready for some morning cuddles. He always does. Soon Jack followed and then they were both sent off to take a shower. It was then that I got myself dressed and whatnot and then went into find Violet and her hair. It deserves it's own mention because in the morning, it is pretty out of control. As always, she is the happiest in the house in the morning. She then made her way into my room to go wake up her daddy. "Daddy! Ake up!"

Breakfast and "Super Why" commenced. Strawberry smoothies, English muffins and Whyatt saving the day. Lazily, I decided to get Jack to school. I am quite over the whole going-to-school routine. But Jack did get to school, only a few minutes late.

Once home, I got us ready to go back to the school and watch the grand Meadow Elementary tribute to Broadway in the form of a dance festival. When I first heard they were doing a tribute to Broadway, I was sort of hoping it was "Les Miserables" and "Chicago" or something more adult, just because it would be fun to laugh at. Imagine a bunch of 1st graders singing and dancing to "I Dreamed a Dream". But it was actually just a bunch of Disney songs. Jack did fabulous. But he isn't much of a dance.

After the festival and after Van was scolded for shutting his sister's head in the car door, we went over to Shirley's Bakery for a cinnamon roll for Van. He asked for it for lunch. So he got a cinnamon roll and Violet got a coconut swirl roll. Once home, that is really what I gave them for lunch. I am cool like that.

I then took a nap with my kids and had the most vivid dream that I was so glad to wake up from. Here, I will show you my text to Ethan.


After that freak out of a dream, it was back to the school to pick up our Jack. I asked my usual questions:

"Did anything great happen today?!"
"Did anything horrible happen today?!"

And he responded with his usual answers.

"No."
"No."

He came home and started writing his summer novel. I told him he needs to keep writing in his journal all summer and he chose to write a book. Today was chapter 1. It went something like this. "Once upon a time, there was a superhero named Jack. But that wasn't his real name. His real name was Agent Z."

While Jack wrote, i took "Lady and the Tramp" and put it on the shelf up high where Vi can't see it and told her we needed a break from "La La Lu". She then chose "Winnie the Pooh" to be addicted to. So with her pink silky blankie, she sat on the couch and watched her new favorite movie.

Next was dinner. A cookbook recipe to fine tune. I was going to call it paella, but it isn't authentic enough to do that. So it has been named "Yellow Rice with Shrimp and Smoked Sausage". And it was a huge hit. So happy about the way it turned out.

Dinner was eaten, popsicles taken to the front yard and Ethan's truck pulling up wasn't far behind. He came home and laid on his perfect green, lush lawn. And as expected, he told me all about how he has gotten it to look so beautiful, as if I haven't been seeing him babysit and obsess over it for weeks.

Now, Violet is on her 2nd viewing of "Winnie the Pooh" and the boys and Ethan are playing dodge ball on the trampoline. Actually, it's more like Ethan pelting the boys with a bouncy ball and the boys finding it hilarious. Next it me cleaning the kitchen. I am still doing all the dishes by hand because Mrs. Dishwasher died on Mother's Day. But next week it will be fixed.

Once the kitchen is cleaned, I am going to ditch Ethan and the kids and go to the gym. I am timing it perfectly so I don't have to bathe kids. How's the gym? Pretty good. I weigh less than I have in 8 years. Since my first OB appointment when I got pregnant with Jack. That is always a good thing.

1 comment:

  1. what is it with men and the lawn?! Congrats on losing weight. I keep thinking it will happen for me but pretty sure you have to put some effort into it? I did, somehow, manage to lose 3 pounds since the last time I got on the scale. I am calling it a victory!

    ReplyDelete