Friday, August 3, 2012

Soda in dollars per year.

Here are some shocking numbers for you. I had to share.

I quit the soda back in December. For a lot of reasons. After enjoy many benefits from not drinking the brown fizzy, I don't know that I will ever go back to it.

Anyways, I decided to crunch the numbers and see how much it was costing me to have my soda habit. I am so surprised. And embarrassed.

I loved Sonic sodas. Perfect blend, perfect ice, perfect cup. A Route 44 is $2.15. I used to get at least 4 of those a week. That is $447.20 a year. 

I also preferred canned soda to bottled and I kept a lot of canned soda in my garage fridge. I remember in the winter, they would get so cold that they would be icey. YUM! BUT.... that costs money. I would easily go through two Costco packs a month. 32 come on one pack. Each pack is $12.79. Two of those a month, 12 months of the year is $460.44. 

People, I was drinking $907.64 of soda a year. That is disgusting.

5 comments:

  1. So what are you going to do with the $907 you're saving?!

    angee :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I only go to sonic at happy hour so I'm totally saving money!

    ReplyDelete
  3. If you go to a McDonald's that only charges $1 for any sized soda, you could have twice as much soda or cut your bill down a bit. :) I feel like I'm a bargain soda drinker now, though I don't think I'll do that math. I gave it up for 6 weeks and then had pizza and nothing but soda tastes right with it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so amazingly awesome, and I think you should write yourself a check for $907.64 and go crazy.

    ReplyDelete
  5. good for you. drinking calories is a total waste in my opinion. a big glass of cold water cannot be beat.

    ReplyDelete