Thursday, November 29, 2012

At the moment

Some brussel sprouts are roasting in the oven. This time, I tossed them with a bit of worcestershire sauce. I am expecting deliciousness. After eating like a moron for the entire duration of our Thanksgiving vacation in Southern California, I am ready for some real food. Nothing fried, dipped in chocolate or simmered in cream. Just give me some salad, damn it!

After being gone, I am happy to get my butt back to the gym. I have finally achieved what I have wanted to achieve for years- to be a gym person. To want to work out, to enjoy it, to have it be part of my life. I did it. And this morning while on the treadmill with Kesha serenading, I got a little emotional. Working out makes me so freaking happy. You can't beat the high after a good session of working the treadmill like a boss.

Violet is way into movies lately. Her favorite are "Monster Inc.", "Cinderella" and "Toy Story". No go back and read those again and add a lisp with the "s". Oh, she is so cute. She slays me.

Daddy Darling is gearing up for December. December is the time for lots of Christmas parties and lots of people wanting good food for said Christmas parties. So that means we don't see a whole lot of Daddy. And I don't mind. I like Ethan. I like him a lot. But I also like money. A lot. More. Kidding.

I am halfway through editing my cookbook. I have blazed through the first half and am now to the desserts. I have been dreading this. The dessert recipes were all written by some sort of idiot who didn't use any consistent methods or consistent ingredient listing. That idiot is me. The dessert section is going to take me a while.

Van is still my favorite child. I love 4 year olds. So happy and they still like their parents a lot. Eventually, Jack or Violet will take his place, but for now, I am just going to enjoy his garbage collection, his lack of "r's" and his ability to climb in my bed and curl up in the tiniest ball and snuggle with me. It's the perfect way to start the day.

No comments:

Post a Comment