Sunday, December 23, 2012

Our Christmas Card - MERRY CHRISTMAS!

Here is our Christmas card that I would have sent out had my Christmas cards not told me that I was released from them this year. (Whew!). I actually have the cards and the pictures, but not the gumption to send them out. And that is okay. Anyways, here is what it would have had:


Merriest of Christmases and Happiest of New Years to you and yours this holiday season. As we reflect on this past 2012, we can help but breath a sigh of relief that this year is donzo. Just kidding, it wasn't all that horrid.

Ethan spent the year complaining about the snow and cheering on the sunshine. When he wasn't on the golf course this summer, he was tucked away in the cavernous kitchen of Rio Tinto Stadium where he worked as a chef during the 2012 Real Salt Lake soccer season. Between game nights and Rockwell Catering events, he was a busy little bee. Besides golf and work, Ethan gets his thrills by going to late-night movies alone, because I am a light-weight, and spending time with the fam.

Whitney, me, had a monumental year. I said goodbye to soda. I know, intense, right? It was an unhealthy addiction. I also spent my year getting even closer to the completion of my cookbook, "The Family Flavor". Look for it on Amazon in the late spring of 2013. I also decided to push my poor, sad body to the limits and climb to the top of Mt. Timpanogos (our local Everest). While it was awesome, it was also easily the hardest thing I have ever done.

Jack is our proud, sharp 2nd grader. He has had a banner year. Any word, ask him to spell any word. He can! A lot of evenings around the dinner table are spent having Jack spell words. Jack played basketball, baseball and flag football this year, basketball being his favorite. On any given day, once his homework is done, you can find him riding his bike around the cul-de-sac or sitting in his room, surrounded by piles of Legos as his builds his next creation.

Van is 4 1/2 with a face dotted with adorable dimples. Preschool has been his big adventure this year and he has loved each moment. From Day 1 of preschool, he has demanded that we keep each and every piece of paper from school. EACH AND EVERY PAPER. Besides being our resident pack rat, Van loves pirates, firefighters and Legos like his brother,

Violet is 2 1/2 and is as sweet and sassy as can be. She idolizes her brothers and cannot go to bed each night without a "I give a love to my boys". Yes, she calls them her boys. My mother heart goes pitter-patter. Violet's interests include putting her dolls down for naps about 10 times a day, eating more graham crackers than anything else and waiting impatiently for her daddy to come home each night.

As you finish reading about our thrilling life, please take a moment and accept our wishes of a wonderful Christmas season. We love Christmas and we love our Savior, Jesus Christ. His life makes our life happy. May you find joy and peace in the life of Jesus Christ as you celebrate this season.

With love,

The Ingram Family

No comments:

Post a Comment