Wednesday, January 9, 2013

Fancy, BANANAS, Juicy

I just finished cooking my brains out. Combination of Ethan's birthday dinner tonight and a food shoot tomorrow means I made a lot of damn food. I am so exhausted. And yes, Ethan's birthday is today. 32. Still just a wee babe. Today we celebrated with our traditional grand dinner at home complete with candles and cake and a fancy decorated table. Violet cried big, sad tears about the candles. She is very afraid of fire. On Friday, we celebrate again and I take Ethan to Salt Lake City and we eat good food, see a movie, sleep in a comfy hotel bed and sleep in without Violet waking me up at 6:00am to complain at me that the boys won't wake up or Van coming into to tell me that Violet has eaten an entire package of tortillas or Jack comes in to ask if he can play on the iPad. EXCITED.

Upon our return on Saturday, I must get busy preparing my lesson for Sunday. I teach a primary class. I teach the 5 year olds going on 6. And the very best part is that this year, Ethan is now my co-teacher. Last Sunday was our first Sunday teaching together and it went great. I told him it's sort of like we are on a date, but with a bunch of other people's kids and we talk about the gospel a lot. When I said that, he looked at me like I was an idiot.

I am going to go ahead and follow everyone's lead and talk about how cold it is here in Utah. The average daily temp is about 10 degrees and at night, we are into negative digits. All of this means that I don't go anywhere unless I really have to. It also means my kids are driving me BANANAS. They can't go outside and play and they pretend that that is the only thing they can do. So like all those Christmas toys I bought them? They can't seem to get the gumption to play with them. Instead, they just fight with each other and bug me.

Violet is working on potty training. One day I woke up and decided that we were doing it. She has done great and I can imagine that by the end of this week, we will be in the clear. Potty training for her has been goodt. It is giving her a sense of accomplishment and she is so enthusiastic. Plus, she has been wearing unders and her little juicy buns look so cute in them.

I have been posting my life stories and so many of you have been so kind. You feel really exposed when you tell your "real" life story. But for some reason, I feel like I need to do it, so I am. Thank you for your comments and encouragement.

4 comments:

  1. My husband and I teach the same class and our daughter is in our class now. She thinks its the coolest thing. I woke up a few days ago and decided to sleep train our little one.. I'm all about cuddling and rocking my babies but V was starting to take 30 to 45 minutes to fall asleep! Anyway, my point is that sometimes you know what needs to be done but you have to wait til you wake up one morning and say this is the day! Yeah for training! ps I highly recommend the melting pot!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My husband and I teach the same class and our daughter is in our class now. She thinks its the coolest thing. I woke up a few days ago and decided to sleep train our little one.. I'm all about cuddling and rocking my babies but V was starting to take 30 to 45 minutes to fall asleep! Anyway, my point is that sometimes you know what needs to be done but you have to wait til you wake up one morning and say this is the day! Yeah for training! ps I highly recommend the melting pot!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sleepover in the city with no kids sounds like bliss! So does eating all of that food for your cookbook shoot. Have fun this weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. sleepover!

    also, baby buns in undies is the best.

    ReplyDelete