Tuesday, April 9, 2013

Baby, Spelling and Pirates

This last week, I heard an ad on the radio about Utah's "Baby Your Baby" campaign. They said that you should go to the doctor by week 13 of your pregnancy and go 13 times until you deliver. With Violet, I went to my first appointment when I was 20 weeks and went to 8 appointments. And got out of peeing in a cup every time. It made me feel special. Like some kind of criminal.

Right now, I am eating pieces of a Ghiradelli chocolate bar called "Coconut Rendezvous". While it is very delicious, that has to be the dumbest name for anything ever. Ps, I spelled "rendezvous" right the first time. Go me. It reminds me of the 5th grade Rendezvous. Anyone remember that?

Jack brought home another stellar spelling test. 20/15. He got all the bonus words. And he is at the top spelling level in his class. Now if we could just work on that part where he talks back to his teacher and has the gumption to say "You aren't the boss of me". Yeah, he got grounded for that one.

Yesterday at the dentist, Jack was getting a filling and the two littles and I waited. While waiting, a guy came in for a cleaning. He checked in with the receptionist and sat down. He was wearing a bandana on his head and Violet went over and asked him if he was a pirate. And then asked him if he was a good or bad pirate. And then said, "Please don't shoot me." I sort of wanted to die. Luckily, he thought it was funny.

Last weekend was General Conference. It's a biannual world-wide conference my church holds. There was one talk that everyone ever should read by Elder L. Whitney Clayton. Religious or not, we can all agree on his points about marriage. Click HERE.

4 comments:

  1. I've heard that commercial. So glad your baby lived, you slacker. ;)

    Laughed at the pirate story. So funny.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's fantastic Violet! I so wish I could have been there for that!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think I had my first appointment with number one son at 28 weeks. I was a poor college student, and at the time, pregnancy was considered a pre-existing condition, so we didn't have our first appointment until we found a plan that would accept us. My boy is fine...he's a big, strong boy.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think I had my first appointment with number one son at 28 weeks. I was a poor college student, and at the time, pregnancy was considered a pre-existing condition, so we didn't have our first appointment until we found a plan that would accept us. My boy is fine...he's a big, strong boy.

    ReplyDelete