Wednesday, June 19, 2013

Camp, Chicken and Y

After a mental break down last week and a stay at my parent's house, I have pulled my crap together and am now getting ready for Girl's Camp. I have started making the massive grocery list. For one dinner, I need 68 pounds of chicken. Help me. My head is going to explode.

Sidenote: I am a Mormon and one of the organizations in the LDS church is the Young Women's program. Girls that are 12-18 are apart of it. One of the big events of the year is an annual week-long camp out. This year, it's a bunch of the Young Women's groups combined together, about 260 people. And I have been asked to be in charge of the food for that week. So that is what I am doing. Best part is that I am doing it for free. I am hoping to be paid in huge amounts of blessings from my Heavenly Father. 

Tonight, sisters, myself and my mom went out to dinner for Father's Day with my dad. He chose California Pizza Kitchen, but really chose their Thai Chicken Salad. He would do anything for that salad. And it's like 32,0,49,58 calories. It was a delightful evening with lots of laughs. I had the chipotle chicken pizza. Pretty tasty. I really love my daddy. Here is a perfect essay describing my dad that my sister wrote on Father's Day. Click HERE.

On Monday, I decided to take the plunge and cross a big one off our summer to-do list. Hike the Y. Where we live, Brigham Young University is very close by and on the mountain above BYU is a big white Y painted right on the rocks. It's a short hike, like a mile and a half. But it's really steep. Ethan had a meeting in the morning so I just said "what the hell" and I took Violet with us. Well, we were about 25 feet from the gate at the beginning and she said, "My legs are tired!" So I ended up carrying her to the top. And it was horrid. The boys were champs, she was NOT. She cried and cried. Boo-freaking-hoo. But look how cute my kids are! LOOK!


1 comment:

  1. I somehow came across your blog a while ago but have not seen it for a long time...until today...and this post is hilarious!! Sounds just like something I would say~ hahahaha! Great post - love it!

    ReplyDelete