Saturday, July 13, 2013

So how did Girls Camp go?

To answer the question I am asked a lot in the last few days. How did Girls Camp go?

Well, I am happy to report that I killed it. Both me and my assistant Stephanie killed it. Nothing went wrong. Everything was delicious. Everyone loved our food and kept coming back for seconds. It truly couldn't have gone better. While we were there, I wasn't stressed at all. We had prepared before so well so while we were there, it wasn't hard. It was more fun than anything. And what it all boils down to is that we were able to do this because we were on the Lord's errand. Allow me to become all spiritual and mushy and tell you that I know that it was a flawless week because I was doing something my Heavenly Father wanted me to do. 

The whole week was a powerful experience for me. It changed me in a lot of ways. I learned how important Girls Camp is. I learned how much work it is and therefore, don't ever let your daughters say how much they hated Girls Camp. I learned that my ability to do what I did is a gift from my Heavenly Father and I know that I will be doing a lot of things like this in my life. 

I also spent the week with a group of women that are selfless, helpful, strong and faithful. And a complete laughing riot. I didn't anticipate that part. The stake committee that I was on was the cream of our stake crop. I felt so honored to be considered for the job of being on that committee. The fact is that I haven't clocked in enough years for this. I am way too young. I felt an overwhelming sense of that. Girls my age don't get to mix and mingle with such women because we just aren't old enough. But I did. I felt so blessed to be apart of it all. 

Soon, I will write up a post on how I fed my whole stake for the week of Girls Camp. I would have wanted someone to do that when I was preparing, so I will for sure put that together. But for now, I am still on a bit of a Girls Camp high. Gimme a few days! Maybe I will also write a love letter to my assistant Stephanie. Because I will tell you what, I had the BEST assistant in the world. Couldn't have done it without her. 

2 comments:

  1. BRAVO on the food. I am seriously having camp food withdrawals after being home! I am sure it has got to feel SO GOOD having it over with and knowing it was a job well done. High five sista!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Now that question is out of the way, are you ready for the next?

    It's about the when of the "Family Flavor."

    Congrats on having a great week at Girls Camp!

    ReplyDelete