Wednesday, January 22, 2014

Blutrack, Spaghetti, Broccoli

I have found the ultimate toy for little kids. Some would say that it's just for boys, but my Vi sure enjoys it. Blutrack. It's a big long strip of car track. Van got one for Christmas and it has proven to be the most played with gift by far. And I like it because he has to use his imagination when he plays with it. He has to figure out ways to make hills, turn and obstacles. It hooks onto the window with a suction cup and he plays with it for hours. Get one. Click HERE.

Ethan's birthday was on the 9th. He turned 33 and all of the sudden, he thinks he is old and dying. He has a few gray hairs (which I love) and he thinks that death is next. For his birthday, we went to the Old Spaghetti Factory. A big hit with the kids and I sure love their pesto ranch. Donna- we thought of you guys the whole time. Remember how we used to go there ALL THE TIME? In Monrovia? After dinner, we headed home for "Happy Birthday To You" and cake. It was a lovely night. For his gift, I gave Ethan tickets to Lady Antebellum. Every gift is a failure, unless it's concert tickets. He would see anything from folk music to death metal. He just loves live music. So we go this Friday. Should be boatloads of fun.

Last week, my sister gave birth to her second baby, a little boy named Walt Arden. As most babies do, he has stolen all our hearts. Walt was born with a cleft lip and cleft palate. He has many a surgery headed his way in the coming months and years, but there is no one better to handle it than my sister Caitlyn and her husband Tadd. And I think the Cox family and my Peterson family will be plenty supportive. Walt couldn't have joined a better crowd of people. This afternoon, I am taking my kids to all go meet their new cousin. And we are bringing a box of diapers. Tip: Don't ever show up to a new baby's house without a box of diapers. And get size two. They blaze through the size ones pretty quick.

I just finished a super healthy lunch of fresh broccoli, cauliflower, grape tomatoes, cucumbers, sweet potato chips and a HB egg. Now I think I will make some double chocolate cookies. Uh huh. That's what I am going to do.

No comments:

Post a Comment