Sunday, January 5, 2014

Meekly Weal Plan

THIS WEEK'S MENU! Trying to use what I have in the freezer as much as possible and utilize leftovers.

MONDAY: Carnitas tacos with tomatillo salsa, red cabbage, avocados and refried beans
*Last week, I put a boneless pork butt in the slow cooker. I took one half and shredded it and tossed it with BBQ sauce for sandwiches for dinner that night. I saved the other half to use for these tacos. Going to shred it up and give it a quick saute in a pan to give it a crisp carnitas texture.

TUESDAY: Chicken and apple sausages, roasted red cabbage wedges with bacon and steamed green beans.
*I am hoping the bacon and it's drippings with convince my kids to eat the cabbage. I will report the results.

WEDNESDAY: Andouille sausage and chicken stew and cornbread muffins.
*This stew is leftover from last week. I am hoping that the heat from the sausages has tamed over the last few days. I am going to add a can of cannellini beans to make it go further.

THURSDAY: Out to dinner for Ethan's birthday! And then come home for orange cream cake, the birthday boy's cake choice.
*I used to make birthday dinners, but last June, I quit. Now, we go out for birthdays. We eat dinner at home all the time, so going out will make a birthday more special. Plus, I already have to make a cake.

FRIDAY: Potato and green chile frittata and roasted carrots with chive vinaigrette.
*Using leftover roasted potatoes. Also, I hope you know how to make a frittata. It is the easiest, cheapest dinner. There is a recipe in my cookbook.

SATURDAY: LEFTOVERS!
*There should be plenty! To get the kids excited, I act like we are in a restaurant and I write up a menu. They think it's funny and then they eat. Jokes on them.

SUNDAY: Dinner at my mom and dad's house. My assignment is dessert. Gonna make vanilla bean poundcake with lemon whipped cream and raspberry sauce. I am excited about putting this one together.

1 comment:

  1. I just got very excited for dessert on Sunday.

    ReplyDelete