Wednesday, February 26, 2014

Birds, Golf and Keys

The other night, we had to sit Jack down and talk to him about the words that come out of his mouth. He called Ethan a "douche bag" when they were playing video games. Yeah, douche bag. Soooo, we had to have a chit chat about that one. I went ahead and explained to him what a douche bag is and he was mortified. "Do you really want to call someone a douche bag now that you know what it is?" "No Mom, not at all." I then gave him a scenario where he would accidently say it in front of his grandparents. And then he felt really terrible. I think our little talk was helpful. 

Lately, Van has had me Googling things on my phone multiple times a day. "Do birds have ears?" "How big is the biggest truck?" "What is the oldest car in the world?" "Do fish sleep?" They are obscure questions that need answers IMMEDIATELY. Spoiled child, I never wondered things like this because I knew the answers were buried somewhere in the library. 

Two a days at the gym are going well. I am not always able do twice in one day, but I will take what I can get. I have lost 2 pounds, so that is cool. Think I can lose all the baby weight by my baby's birthday in May? My 4 year old baby? I should be eating all sugar-free and what not, but I am sorry, when a brownie or a cookie make me as happy as they do, I am not quitting. 

Ethan had his first round of golf since last fall and I tell you what, the guy is a phenom. He got a 76 without any practice time at the range. I love bragging about Ethan's golf skills. 

Remember how my red car is dying a slow death? Latest issue? The key broke off in the ignition. Getting is fixed is costing us a really dumb amount of the money. Ethan asked me if I had a spare key anywhere and I said, "It got lost 6 years ago in Ontario, remember?" And then I reminded him of THIS story. Anyone remember this gem? 

My blow dyer sparked and smoked and died the other day. I am going to see how long I can stand not doing my hair. I think I will last a long time. My hair hasn't been the same since I had Violet. It depresses me greatly. So wet bun, here I come. 


2 comments:

  1. You are a good mom! I am using that tactic for bad words later. You kind of rule.

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG! I NEVER read this, I don't have time for things like reading blogs, but I got on here thinking it was your recipe blog because I am looking for your chocolate cake recipe for Derek's birthday tomorrow and got stuck reading and laughing and admiring your writing style. EXACTLY why I can't read blogs! My morning is gone, ugh!
    I am dieing (which I can't spell for some reason) at your douche bag post! Thank you for that, lol!

    ReplyDelete