Tuesday, April 1, 2014

Fritos, Soup and Flower Girl

Fritos Scoops are horrible for me. But oh how good they are. Excuse me while I grab another.

"Frozen" is on for the 2304975620934578 time. And every time "Let It Go" comes on, Violet still says, "This is my jam!"

Our pal Jack has baseball practice tonight. All of the sudden, sports got all serious for him. Practice 3 days a week and games don't start for another 3 weeks. Luckily, he loves it. Every bit of it. Ethan might have overheard some dads at the last practice saying, "Is he really only in 3rd grade? He throw the ball like a canon."

Right now, Ethan is on a stinky school bus full of hormonally-raging teenage girls and boys headed to Manti for baseball and softball games. That's like 2 1/2 hours on a bus. Screw that.

This morning at the gym, a lady who always sits by me in spin class told this story. Every week, she picks up 94 year old Sister So-And-So for church. Last Sunday, she gets in the car and the driver says, "So how have you been?" And Sister So-And-So says, "Just doin' everyone I can." And the poor old lady is as prim as can be and didn't understand the words coming out of her mouth.

Tonight, I am making chicken noodle soup. You would think that I told my kids I was giving them ice cream for dinner. They love chicken noodle. I make it probably every other week. They don't even pick the vegetables out of it. They just gobble them up. It's sort of creepy.

My sister Megan is getting married in mid-May. It's going to be a beautiful occasion. But the best part? Violet was asked to be the flower girl. Something that is every little girl's dream. Aunt Megan is buying her a beautiful blue dress and Violet wants her hair in french braid pigtails, she wants her fingernails to be pink and her toenails to be purple. Every day, she will randomly say, "Hey Mom, remember that I am the flower girl." We need to start practicing how she is going to have to walk and sprinkle petals.


No comments:

Post a Comment