Sunday, May 25, 2014

Moving, Blessed and Summer

I haven't blogged since the beginning of April. And if you knew the way life has been going, you would know why. We have been busy in the best of ways. May brought lots of good stuff. A nephew getting his big cleft-closing surgery. My older sister was married and my other sister had a baby. All of these things and then we also moved, just next door. The moving part has probably been the biggest thing. And there is a story with it. And I am going to tell it. And you are going to listen.

We have lived in Lehi for 4 years now. We have been so happy here. Besides Lehi being a great place to live, our neighborhood, church group and school have allowed our children to blossom. We have felt to blessed to be where we are. Over the years, I have gone through bouts of anxiety over having to move from our cute rental home. It came in waves. I would start to get worried our homeowner was going to sell, then I wouldn't be able to sleep, then I would pray about it and then my Heavenly Father would calm my nerves and tell me that whatever happened, we would be fine. But I was always sure to tell him, "Let's hope that whatever happens doesn't take us away from where we are right now." It was not lost on Him that I didn't want to change anything.

Back in February, I woke up early, about 6:00am and had a strong impression to email the guy that owns the rental house next door and ask him about it's availability. So I did. I knew the guy from when he bought the house months earlier. I saw him out working in the yard, readying it for renters. I went over, introduced myself and he gave me his info in case some type of emergency happened with the house and the renters weren't home. I kept his info for about a year and I emailed him. We had a dialogue for a few months about us renting his house. But there was no indication that our current home was going to go on the market, but I still felt like I needed to be talking with him.

At the beginning of May, I got word that our house was going on the market when our lease was up. And because we had been such good tenants, we could get out of our lease 3 months early. And then next door, the current tenants were moving the next week. COULD GOD HAVE BLESSED US ANY MORE THAN THAT??? It was all very exciting and humbling. I completely credit all of this to my Heavenly Father. I think quite often, we don't see the blessings we get because they aren't always with fireworks and fanfare. This one was. It was right in front of my face. I knew God cared about my feelings on us moving.

So we moved right next door. It was a funny move. Just trip after trip, back and forth. But we are completely settled now. The house is a better fit for our family. Move living space and a fenced in back yard. We signed a really long lease and our homeowner is wonderful. We aren't moving schools, church groups or neighborhoods. It just doesn't get anymore blessed than this.

Anyways, we are going into summer with being in a new house, so that is fun. School gets out next week, Jack's baseball tournament starts soon, Van has soccer, Violet had her 4th birthday, Ethan's work is busy. Things are good. So good. Hopefully I blog again soon.

3 comments:

  1. Congrats! That worked out perfect. Pics of your new place?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so happy for you. And I own your cookbook. It is wonderful.

    ReplyDelete