Sunday, August 10, 2014

Haram, Orange, Bum

Haram pants. Guys, I just can't. Kalli, I still love you even when you wear your haram pants.
I have a luscious, dumpy bum so those pants would make it look even dumpier. Speaking of my bum, I have never been uncomfortable with how big it is. Even when I was as big as a polar bear and pregnant, I still loved my lady hump. I have always been ready for this jelly.

The other day, I took the kids up to Bridal Veil Falls in Provo. It is a spectacular sight. And all people were doing was taking pictures, mostly of themselves. It was so disappointing. Put down yer damn phone and look up! Look! Pounding water, cooling spray and jagged peaks! Look! The fish in the pool, fighting over the fish food, their shiny scales and rainbow ring along their sides! Yes, of course I took some pics. But it was a few and then I put the phone in my pocket and we enjoyed the falls. As I have spent our summer days outside, whether at the pool or in the mountains or at the park, I am always so snobbish and I watch other people on their phones, just tapping away, ignoring their surroundings. And kids sports games especially! #putdownyerdamnphone

We are now back on school bedtime schedule. I know, I am early on this. But I am also a person who enjoys the quiet of a sleeping house at the end of the day. I am not a night person. I am a morning person. 8:0pm hits and I WANT MY SPACE. DO NOT CROSS ME. Tonight, I am looking forward to my orange nail polish, a few warm chocolate chip cookies and the Food Network Star finale.

Speaking of school, have I told you we get a brand new school? It has been under construction for a year. We are so excited. New principal, new playground, new desks, everything new. Along with a new school comes lots of new controversy, like the issue of us being closer to the new school so there is no bus. OH THE DRAMA. People threatening to homeschool, boycott the school and "give the principal a piece of their mind". I am on the other end of the issue. I have driven my kids to school for years and I have lived to tell the tale. Guys, just get in your car, drive the one mile and drop them off. You don't even have to wear a bra or shoes. And the carpool line is not nearly as horrid as you think.

Wow, looking at the post now that I am done, I seem to have a lot of angst right now. I need some chill time.

1 comment:

  1. You do need some chill time! Come to book group at my house on Tuesday (8pm). Doesn't matter if you read the book :) MIssed you at girl's night last week. See you there?

    ReplyDelete