Thursday, December 31, 2015

INGRAM FAMILY 2015 RECAP!

Guess what ya'll, it's time for the Ingram Family 2015 Recap! Let dive right on in and start with the baby first.

Violet is 5 and started kindergarten. We feel like the luckiest people in the world because she got the same kindergarten teacher that her older brothers had. This is lucky because she doesn't judge us as  parents when Violet acts out because she already knows us. So that's a big bonus. Violet has been involved in Singers Company all year and loves it, except for when she doesn't. Which is like every other month. But she keeps asking me to keep her signed up, so we do it! Violet is fond of princesses, coloring and Agnes.

Oh! Agnes! She is our new dog! Back in August, we went to the animal shelter while waiting for Jack at baseball practice and I found the world's nicest dog. She is a 6 year old yellow Labrador with such a calm, gentle personality. We really won the dog lottery with this gal. She added such a wonderful addition to our family and everyone adores her.

Back to the kids. Van! Van turned 7 this summer, and then shortly thereafter, he contracted giardia, so that was fun. Like in the picture above, I am pretty sure he had giardia. Van played t-ball this year and would run around all the bases every time he hit the ball and head straight home, passing up other players as he went. He just felt that every time he hit, he should go ahead and call it a home run. Van started first grade and has become a reading machine. As we drive around, I can hear him quietly sounding out words on signs along the road.

Jack is now 10 and is in the 5th grade. He won all of Halloween this year when he shaved an old man cul-de-sac on his head for his grandpa costume. It was one of my proudest parenting moments. Jack has played a crap load of baseball this year. He played city league in the spring and then played in the fall with a super league team. The greatest baseball moment for him was when he pitched a no-hitter. Just ask him about it, he will tell you. And not stop telling you.

Ethan has had a busy year with our catering company. In September, I sent him down to Southern California to watch some Dodger games and he fell in love with me all over again. Ethan was involved with Jack's baseball teams, so of course that means he spent a lot of time living through his son like most sports dads are prone to do.

As for me, I have been enjoying working as a freelance writer for an educational supplies company. I write 2-3 minutes scripts on any subject under the sun. This means that at any moment, I can tell you an interesting historical fact. I am able to work from home so I can still run the show around here. I find all the laundering, cooking, organizing and bossing around quite satisfying.

I suppose this is the part where I wish you a Merry Christmas on behalf of my whole family. But really though, we hope you have had a good year with expectations met and goals achieved. We, like every year, have been blessed with family, fun memories, a comfortable place to live, a wonderful school and a thriving businesses. May you have a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!

1 comment:

  1. Fun updates! I didn't know about your writing. So cool!! I need to hear more about it sometime!

    ReplyDelete